Friday, November 6, 2009

One of the first things I decided about my wedding was that I wanted to get married in a church. For one, I have spectacularly horrendous luck, and didn't want to risk getting married outside (especially in Florida). Also, I'm getting married in January, and didn't really want to unnecessarily torture my guests.
I also didn't just want any church, I wanted a movie church. You know, the cute little hundred year old chapel with stained glass and pews. My current church doesn't exactly look anything like that, so I set out on a search (AKA I googled "old church dade city", because Dade City is where my reception venue is). The first church I clicked on was Dade City First Presbyterian Church, and it was love at first site. Built in 1865 with all the original woodwork still intact and beautiful stained glass, I had my place!
So, me and the fiance went and spoke to the pastor there, who graciously agreed to allow our pastor to perform the ceremony. Everyone was so sweet, and we'll probably attend church there several more times before the big day.
Isn't it perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment